Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2 down, 3 to go.....


All I remember about Monday was trying to drink the Emerald Bliss from Jimbos. I did add the two shots of wheat grass as directed. I was proud of myself for going back and trying again after the broken juicer incident last week. The Emerald Bliss should be renamed Bitter Bile. Ugh. It took me 45 minutes to gag down half of the 16 ounces. Yuck. I'd rather chew on grass outside. Thankfully, Monday is over.

This morning was fabulous: my long-awaited photo shoot for my lululemon ambassador photo that will hang in the Carlsbad lululemon.

Becoming an ambassador was a goal of mine for the last few years. Ever since my dear friend Angie Stewart, of www.angiestewartfitness.com, became an ambassador for lululemon in Beverly Hills, I was intrigued by the program. Lululemon, for those of you who don't leave the house, is an amazing yoga and fitness clothing company built on principles of community. Health, wellness, living in the present moment, making the most of each second of the day: it resonates! As an ambassador, I represent lululemon in the community and am also recognized by them as a Yoga and Pilates professional that embodies their values. Pretty cool.

Ambassadors have a large photo on the wall of the store and I love that! Once a Leo, always a Leo. But, it became significantly more meaningful to me after my diagnosis. Memorializing myself pre-surgery is powerful. We shot at the beach in South Carlsbad. Sunrise was amazing, although I was freezing my tail off!! Sitting on ice plant and balancing on the cliff edge over the ocean looks great but, it was cold. Oh, the price we pay. I loved having Laura, Sherry and Meredith there to ensure all went smoothly and the photographer Tai was great.

Teaching went well today and I got to take a nap. Jake and Oreo were thrilled that I'd seen the light and finally understood that afternoons are best spent snuggling and sleeping. I love my kitties: simple, pure affection.

Day 2 of this week down, 3 to go. I've got Wednesday and Thursday tightly scheduled so I don't have time to brood about surgery.

4 comments:

  1. Claire - I am counting down the days with you! When you awake it will be "Day 1" of RECOVERY without that evil invader inside of you. Until, remain peaceful, strong and faithful and gather strength from freinds, family, kitties (and catnaps). We will all be here for you waiting for the good news that is sure to come! Much love! Anaise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful day! John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold tight and breathe deep beauty! I'm making my way home to you. Kees, I leave you alone for a week and you forget how to mystic tan. I can't wait to see your shining radiant pics. I know they'll be stunning! Xo, gb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leo - your 500 pushup sculpted arms will shine on lululemonCbad's walls in a few months! Month 2 of revovery :)

    ReplyDelete