Saturday, February 20, 2010

Speechless.....


Tonight rendered me speechless.

For those of who know me, you know that is a rarity. Okay, okay, it has never happened. In fact, I cannot recall another situation where I didn't have a response. I am humbled. I am blessed. I am the luckiest person I know. I am floating in a haze of warmth and beauty.

Tonight, the lovely and inspirational Kim Stahler, owner of Sculpt Fusion Yoga, the studio where I teach most of my classes, held a Donation yoga class for me. Cancer isn't cheap! Between missing two weeks of teaching because of the surgery and the drain, very expensive health insurance and medical bills, and the uncertainty of how many classes I will miss over the next six months for treatment and appointments, the financial part of this journey is frightening. Tonight was a boon.

I am glowing. The studio looked beautiful. Candles and flowers everywhere. So many people attended, not just students, but people from all areas of my life. My Rescue House peeps. My Frogs students. Some people I didn't even know! Some showed up for the Vino part and skipped the Vinyasa. Actually, I guess Todd and I did the same thing! The gifted Maria graciously agreed to teach the class this evening.

Now for the speechless part: the class began with feisty Jenn Richardson asking everyone to sit in a circle around me. By candlelight, Jenn spoke from the heart and lead us in a healing Om circle. She shared a personal story of when she went through teacher training and how I had inspired her and lifted her up.

Specifically, I told her I liked her and that she was feisty. And, for those of you who know her and take her classes, you know what I mean!! I cannot recall each word, just the message that everyone loved me, that they were there to support me, to help me, to hold me up, and that everyone visualize me healthy, happy and laughing. The power and beautiful energy in the room blew me away. I had nothing to say.

Did I mention that is a first?

Another affirmation that quitting the corporate rat race to teach yoga full time was the right decision for me. As I've said all along, I am awed at the love and support from those around me. Those who are close and those who I don't know that well. My man, my friends, my family, my community. This cancer has reconnected me with people I've missed having in my life and not been in contact with for years.

I'm so happy that I had tonight. Yesterday and most of today were hell. The oncologist shall be described on Monday's entry, after I get a second opinon. I'm not going to ruin the beauty of tonight. Let's just say if I'd written before 6pm or last night, it wouldn't have been easy to hear.

I love ending on a positive note.

4 comments:

  1. I was honored to be there tonight. You were absolutely glowing. I know that I speak for everyone there when I say that we all wish you love, happiness, and the best of health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful experience. I wish I had been there. They say we can judge who we are by the people that surround us. You are surrounded by love, beauty and kindness -- very fitting! XXOO, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had goosebumps reading this post. What an incredible evening, and what a fabulous group of friends you have out there. I hope the love and support you're receiving continue to serve as a reminder of how awesome you are and how you'll kick this C like no one else. Thinking of you often! Best wishes, Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your support comes about because YOU ROCK! By the way, I do not believe you were actually speechless.

    ReplyDelete