Monday, February 15, 2010

Time to let me out....



This is Oreo. He loves sitting in little boxes or cat beds where he can nap leaning against the walls. All day. It makes him feel safe and cozy. While I appreciate his feelings, I do not share them. I feel trapped. I have had one daily outing each day for a walk. Like a pet. Other than that, this drain has kept me chained inside.

I'm going batty. I know, I know, I know! the drain is serving an honorable service by removing the fluids and toxins from my body. I get it. I appreciate it. Give it a medal. But, if I have to measure these fluids and record them, if I have to get a stringy blood clot stuck on my finger as I empty said fluids, for very much longer, I will snap. I've lost count of how many times I've almost passed out or thrown up. Or both. 10 days is a long time. And, it isn't coming out Tuesday so, we are at Wednesday already.

I'm used to running around all day. I teach all over North County. Some might think my usual pace is frenetic but, I thrive on it. I've never been one to sit around the house. And, my attention span isn't what it usually is. I love to read. You'd think I'd have devoured 10 books by now but, I cannot seem to keep my focus. I keep going back to the breast cancer. I cannot keep the thoughts at bay.

Luckily, in addition to my walk, I had two visitors today. My old friend Anne came bearing tons of organic veggies and great conversation. Robert came by for my second pranic healing session. I'm hitting this cancer from every angle possible.

No profound insights today. Just biding time and trying to take it one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could drop by and share in your wicked sense of humor in person. No profound insights required. Hang in there! ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete