Thursday, February 11, 2010

Foot Massages rock......


Today was a good day, despite still having the drain that just keeps on draining. I'm supposed to be under 30ccs of whatever it is that is exiting my hairy underarm for 2 consecutive days. I've already had 75ccs today. That means we are out to Sunday at a minimum. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I really wanted it out so I could heal more over the weekend and teach on Monday. But, I cannot teach with the evil drain attached.

Still no test results. Take your time path lab, take your time. No hurry.

Luckily, today was full of wonderful visits and calls. My dear friend Angie drove down from LA with her faithful companion Puffy to bring me lunch and flowers. How cool is that? I am so spoiled. She also walked me. She had Puffy on one arm, me on the other. Well, I exaggerate. I walked without a leash but, still feel like I'm being walked, as opposed to going for a walk. It is beautiful outside, sunny, clear and breezy. It felt good to be outside, if only for a brief stroll.

As Angie was exiting stage left, Carmel entered, with a beautiful tray of fresh veggies and fruits and her massage tools. Since I still have the godforsaken drain in and we couldn't do a full massage, Carmel gave me the most amazing foot massage. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction and one of my favorite scenes, no, not "look at the big brain on Brad" but, when John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson debate the art of foot massage. If Carmel had worked her magic on Mia Wallace's feet, I'm sure Marcellus would have had thrown her out of a window too. Amazing. Thank you, thank you!!!

We briefly debated wigs, should that be an issue in the upcoming months (no, no, no). I did decide I want big hair. I'm talking late 1980s, spiral perm. Big. Fluffy. Long. Tawny Kitaen in the Whitesnake video. But, that isn't going to be an issue. Just in case.

My day's activities took me out of the house for the first time. Back to Living Waters and Lacey for my apres-surgery colonic. I feel like I managed to purge some of that anesthesia, valium, percocet and ambien. Who knew that I would find it so soothing but, it feels very powerful to have some control of ridding my body of poisons.

Todd got home earlier than expected, which makes me very happy. A quiet night before the big Post-op appointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed that we've got results and they are what we want to hear. Clear, clear, clear.

1 comment:

  1. Big hair would only be appropriate if you decide to revisit your Jazzercise days...

    Good idea to do the colonic after all the poisons. Sounds like you need a big dose of green juice.

    Hope Christa approves of adding the ban. or pineapple.

    ReplyDelete