Saturday, April 24, 2010

Three down....


To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's life. It is no less than a denial of the soul. -- Oscar Wilde

I'm trying to recall the last few days. I feel like I've just emerged from a weeklong dream. Close! During the third round of chemotherapy on Thursday, I actually fell asleep. Or, passed out. Negligible details, right? I think the combination of Ativan and Benadryl with the TAC knocked me out. For days. I'm still fuzzy and piecing the last few days together.

I do recall that I taught yoga at Frogs yesterday morning, went by Lululemon Carlsbad Forum for a re-fueling of fresh spring tops. Passion and Lagoon: how can you not be fired up with colors like that? I'll be teaching the community class on Saturday morning May 1st at 9am. Join me if you are local!

Let's see, that brings us to Friday afternoon. I received the infamous painful $6500 Neulasta shot and acupuncture and Todd and I took Megan to the airport. We owe Will, her husband, for letting us borrow her for so long. There are no words.

I've been sleeping since then. Literally all day. My cats are very proud and have confirmed that I am, indeed, one of them. I dragged myself up out of bed a few times only to crawl back under the covers. I don't feel nauseous or ill, I just cannot keep my eyes open. Perhaps this is what people mean by fatigue increasing over time?

Todd runs the La Jolla Half Marathon first thing in the morning. This will be the third year that I meet him at the finish line. Meaning that I will drive down and meet him and not that I will be running the race with him. He always finishes in the top percentage for his age group and it is quite impressive.

I better go back to bed so I don't miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Great photo, great quote, great post! Three down, C! Inspiring, as always.

    And good luck w/ the marathon, Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kitty cat...miss u. xoxo good luck Todd!

    ReplyDelete