Thursday, April 8, 2010


So many great things happened today. Hmmmm, I'm a lucky girl.

I just finished sharing dinner with my hot boyfriend. Neither of us could resist stuffing ourselves. Lori, the dinner fairy, cooked for us tonight and wow! This may have been the yummiest lasagna ever. As I sit here beached on the couch, I'm excited for another serving tomorrow. Oink.

Earlier today, my honorary little sister Melissa came to visit me. Melissa manages the Corepower in PB and I haven't seen her since I put my classes on hold during treatment. We habitually had lunch after class almost every week so, we had three months to catch up on in one afternoon. Let's just say that neither of our jaws stopped moving for three hours. And, we didn't even get to discussing boys. It was fabulous! Sometimes you don't realize how much you miss someone until you see them again.

I taught my Sculpt Fusion and Active.com classes today. As usual, teaching made me happy. I love that I can teach, even on a limited schedule. After class, someone I'd never met before approached me and told me that they were following my blog and complimented me on it. How cool! This blog is incredibly therapeutic for me to write and it is gratifying to know that people care to read it.

Okay, I said I'd stop talking about the hair but, I cannot resist. Although I am almost totally bald, for some unknown reason stubble remains, the opposite of male pattern baldness. It crouches atop my head like a dark, ugly crown. I can lightly tug it and it comes out in my hand. It is all over my pillow and inside my hats. But, this nasty shadow won't exit stage left. The blonde is gone, the light brown is gone, the silver is gone but, this won't fall out. If I have to be bald, I want a Kojak smooth head.

On that note, upstairs to see if Todd can buzz the remaining offenders away.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration, and I love reading your blog. I can tell it brings you a sense of calm/therapy! I'm glad you've found it to be a good outlet, and thank you for sharing this daily fight.
    This weekend is my first race of the season. As I search for inspiration over the 70.3 miles, I need to look no further than you! Claire, I know this is a really hard time for you, but you are such an inspiration. I can't wait to honor your strength (in my own little twisted way ;) )!!!
    MWAH xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete