Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No more Barbie


No panicked calls to the chemo nurses. No incapacitating pain. I can't believe that I feel so much better this round than last round. It is amazing.

Yoga tonight! Not wanting to think or teach, I just popped in the DVD and flowed with Rodney Yee for an hour. Part of the problem with this whole process, from surgery to testing to chemotherapy, is that I feel extremely disconnected with my body. My body has not felt like my own for three months now. Practicing yoga, no matter how gentle, reconnects my mind to my heart to my body.

I'm glad that I took yesterday and today to recuperate and rest. Although I felt stronger today, I think it is better not to push it. Like I usually do. I'm still laughing at myself a bit for completing a full weekend teacher training the day after chemo.....Rest is good. Rest is good. Rest is good.

I went to see Angel Patti today and swapped my Barbie wig for one that is more of a streaky, honey blonde. It feels so much better. Patti also thinned it out so I didn't feel too fluffy. When you've gone as long as I have with fine, thin hair (the Spiral Perm Years excepted), you cannot handle too much volume on top. I will try it out tomorrow morning.

I have spent more time on hair and makeup since I went bald than I have in a year. Even just putting on the cap and hat hair is time consuming. I'll never take my flat little ponytail for granted again!

Today, I dropped Megan off at the airport. Todd is traveling for work. It is just me and the cats for 24 hours. The quiet feels good.

And, I've discovered another guilty pleasure: Midnight Sun. It is Twilight written from Edward's point of view. Everything makes so much sense from his point of view!!It wasn't published because someone leaked it before Stephenie Meyer was finished with it but, the draft is online. I'm trying to pace myself because it isn't very long. I made myelf practice yoga, eat dinner, and blog before I can go back to it.

I'm so grateful that I have the attention span to read again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! My schedule has been chaotic lately so I am missing your wonderful yoga classes or just running into you at the studio.

    I wanted to drop in and say I still keep up with you by reading your blogs.
    I am happy to hear that you are feeling much better this round. You are a beautiful inspiration. And I am so glad we met. Hope to see you soon.

    Enjoy Midnight Sun... it is a a pleasure!! Good news, not that it could match Midnight Sun, there is new online Twilight saga book coming out in June (I think). It is from the perspective of a newbie vampire during the Eclipse setting. Something to look forward to nonetheless!

    Hugs,
    J. Irvine

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI C,

    I like the wig! So glad you had a rich visit with Megan, and that you're now relaxing with Midnight Sun. Sending you a big hug.

    Love, R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vampires sound like the perfect distraction! So glad to hear that you have been feeling a bit better and are being taken good care of. Love and hugs xo

    ReplyDelete