Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just a quickie...


Today started off fabulously and ended not so fabulously. Is that a word?

Teaching this morning was fun and afterwards, I completed a great workout on the reformer at the Pilates studio. I've missed it. My legs feel shaky right now.

It was a breathtakingly beautiful, sunny day in San Diego. I braved the pool for the first time. There was no way I was sporting faux hair so, I wore my big straw hat and pulled the brim down low and skulked to the far corner of the pool. Prayed that nobody would sit near me. A little reading and a little sunshine equals an hour of serenity for me.

Unfortunately, my day plummeted from there. My energy faded and my stomach started to ache. I don't feel like complaining so, I will keep it brief. By the time I finished teaching my 6pm class, I was in tears. The wig pinched my head and gave me a splitting headache but, I didn't crack until it was over. Thank goodness for my supportive students. I love them! But, sometimes this is all just too much to bear.

BIG silver linings of my day: first, we put in an ongoing search for the timeshare in AUSTRALIA in September/October. Todd and I are finally going to Australia together and I cannot wait. Treatment will be complete, cancer will be gone, hair will be growing, life will be good.

A more immediate thing to look forward to: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah, May 6th through the 8th. Todd and I will stay in town, get a full tour of the sanctuary, and best of all, volunteer with the animals for a few days!! I cannot wait. Talk about miraculous therapy for the soul. Maybe I'll be cured after this trip and won't need any more chemo! I've dreamed of visiting and volunteering at Best Friends for years. I cannot wait.

I learned about Best Friends back when I was Managing Director of Animal Avengers in Los Angeles. Best Friends is an animal sanctuary that shelters everything from horses and bunnies to donkeys to cats and dogs. When Michael Vick's diabolical dog fighting ring was discovered, Best Friends took 22 of the dogs: poor, exploited, innocent animals that had nowhere else to go. Best Friends provides a haven for abused, neglected and abandoned animals and also fights to protect animals nationwide. If you have never seen their site: www.bestfriends.org.

I feel better already.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your day today is full of sunshine and happiness! From beginning to end!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo-hoo!! Australia will begin preparing for the excitement of having you both here!!!

    ReplyDelete