Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome Twenty-Ten


It has been a while since I've written here and I need to reverse that trend, starting now! Those who know me know that I usually never have a lapse of commentary or just talking in general. And, I love to write. I'm not quite sure what has held me back writing every few days on my blog. Perhaps I felt that I had to have a "message" each time I wrote and that was a little too much pressure.

2009 was quite a year. I sat down and wrote out a monthly list of all the changes, accomplishments and cool events. Whew!! I love to have lots going on but, even for me, it was non-stop. I quit my corporate job forever on January 16, 2009! Thanks to all who celebrated that event with me. It has been a wild ride, with my focus shifting 100% to wellness.

I began working with www.active.com and their amazing group of ActiveX employees who motivate me with their dedication to fitness. I love teaching yoga there! Another goal was to start publishing articles on fitness and wellness and I'm happy to report that I published 6 articles on www.active.com about Yoga for Athletes. I'm looking forward to writing more articles and parlaying the experience to the national magazine level.

I moved in with my boyfriend in May and this was a huge deal for me. I've lived alone for a long time and I had to learn how to share my space all over again. Life is good.....his love and support give me strength and happiness.

Pilates has become a bigger part of my wellness career and I love it. Fusing yoga and pilates in a unique way is part of my long-term plan.

On a health note, this was Year One after my neck disc-replacement surgery. For the most part, I've felt fantastic but, I overdid it a few times and suffered from setbacks. I'm trying hard to follow my advice to others about taking it slow. It has been quite a learning experience trying to be patient with my limitations. I will be healthy and regain strength in 2010!

Another long term goal that I achieved was to be selected as a Lululemon Ambassador for the Carlsbad Lululemon. I'm so excited to be able to work more closely with them to spread the message of wellness in our community.

2010 is going to be filled harvesting all the plants sown in 2009. I am so excited to live each day to the fullest and really begin reaching a broader audience.

Thank you to all of my family and friends who made 2009 a beautiful year. I am grateful and humbled by the love and support.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to have met you and become friends in 2009! You made my year that much more manageable and I thank you for your amazing friendship and bubbly personality. Happy New Year Claire!

    ReplyDelete