Friday, January 29, 2010

Jimbo's Juicer Broken....really!



This photo is from Christmas with the Todd’s parents, the Martis. And, yes, I did eat all of those cookies plus a few dozen more! The frosting was green.... those were the days!!

Todd and I arrived up in Mammoth Mountain last night. I'm now cozy under a blanket on the overstuffed couch, with a view of nothing but snow! Thank you dear Lissa for gifting us this weekend escape.

What is that phrase? Something about wherever you go, there you are. Or, you can't run away from your issues? Change of scenery certainly helps but, I have to admit I'm anxious about next week.

I digress. Imagine that. So, yesterday morning, I'd taught my two back-to-back yoga classes at Sculpt Fusion and really needed some nutrition fast. I'd had my healthy bar and some fruit but, I realized I needed an energy boost. Christa, my nutritional advisor had mentioned to go get wheat grass--see earlier post on my feelings on that issue--and had mentioned a "Uber-Energy" drink.

So, I, Claire Petretti, of my own free will, drove to Jimbos to order the "Emerald Bliss". She did neglect to tell me there was kale involved but, I figured I'd just go for it since there were so many other good veggies and apple juice, that I wouldn't taste it. I sauntered up to the counter and ordered it. With 2 oz of wheat grass added no less! Again, I felt rather virtuous because what I really wanted was the package of Jimbos Deviled Eggs. After waiting for 10 minutes, the attendant informed me that THE JUICER WAS BROKEN and should be up in running in 10 more minutes and my drink was 3rd in line. Blocked! Stopped! No Emerald Bliss for me!!

Well, some may think I may have gone for the Deviled Eggs or the tasty looking cranberry muffin that beckoned to me. Nope. I actually purchased the Evolutions Essential Greens. Yes, the same vegetable juice combination that made me dry heave just one short week ago. I drank the whole thing in the car, without a gag or a gasp. I did, however, have a greenish ring around my mouth. Kind of like when you drink yummy chocolate milk. I would kill for some chocolate milk right about now.

That's all from the mountain. One week from today will provide lots of answers. I think that until I wake up from the surgery Friday afternoon and know that I don't have a drain under my arm that signals that the cancer had spread, I won't truly be able to relax. I'll do my best.

2 comments:

  1. Claire -- Megan gave me a thumbnail sketch, and I've just read your blog entries. You've got such a great attitude! And there are lots of us out here willing you to feel well and healthy.

    I've been told that getting cancer makes a person want to fix the world, that they feel they probably could if given enough time. And it appears you were already kinda trying to do that in your own way before 'the alien'.

    My wish for you is that you will let people take care of you in the days following the surgery (I am not a big fan of out-patient major surgery), then rest and restore.

    And when you are full again, get back to fixing the world. You will definitely have earned the right to think you can.


    Lots of love --- Jessica (Hesford) Cannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this, Claire. Heart and soul and prayers are with you this week. Audrey Christle

    ReplyDelete