Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kale, kale, everywhere.....even in Mammoth!


No, I didn't buy this cat hat but, I regret it and want it.

Okay, it is a kale conspiracy. Yes, just like the bloody wheatgrass. My mother used to boil kale and put vinegar on it. Sorry Mom but, you ruined kale for me forever. Kale is also an excellent food for iguanas: they thrive on it. To me, kale is meant for iguanas. Not me. Vitamins or not.

After lazing about all day yesterday, except for 90 minutes of yummy yoga while Todd snowboarded, we descended into the village and had an excellent dinner.

I chose the Ono for dinner but, there was a huge dilemma. The ono came on a bed of kale. I asked our Fast Times at Ridgemont High looking-waiter if the chef would substitute the broccolini for the kale. No way dude! Apparently, the chef at Petras is an artiste and will not substitute anything in his creations. Broccolini: NO. The broccolini was served only with the New York Steak. No broccolini for you! Soup Nazi anyone? With a little fanagling (sp?), I did manage to substitute spinach. HA!! I swear, I have never seen, heard or smelled so much kale in my life.

Today, I feel good. I've finally relaxed a bit and feel like I am on vacation. Todd and I did some yoga to begin the morning. For the first time in the history of visiting a ski resort town, I am not going to ski or snowboard. Now, for those of you who have seen me on those pieces of equipment, you can stop laughing. Although I may not descend the mountain very elegantly, I have fun. For some reason, I just don't feel strong enough.

Instead, we are going sledding! Yee-ha. You can't go to the snow without careening down the mountain and laughing like a maniac. That is the plan! Then, a yummy, cozy dinner at the condo. A little R&R before the surgery.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! R&R with the one you love...sounds PERFECT! ;) Hope you had a blast with the sledding. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed the sledding, C!

    Love, Rob

    ReplyDelete