Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Perfect Saturday




What a fantastic morning!

54 people came out to the free community class I taught at Lululemon Carlsbad Forum this morning. Many of my regular students from Pilates, the yoga studios where I teach, active.com, and daily life came in to support me. Thank you for making it a very special morning. We packed a lot of fun into a small space. All I can say is that I love teaching.

I'm still riding high on the class this morning. I'm not sure if people realize how uplifting it is to see their smiling faces. When I'm teaching, I'm in a zone where nothing else matters except for providing a beautiful practice for my students. My goal is for my students to be fully present on the mat and to enjoy themselves. And, the gift for me is that I am fully, truly present.

One of my favorite people on earth, Jessie, attended. I got to meet Jessie and Justin's new baby: the perfect Justin Daniel Junior. Adorable! After class, I took Jessie into the bathroom to see my bald head. She astutely observed that it must be a lot of work to don the hair, the hat, the makeup before leaving the house. Exactly. Oh well, at least I can leave the house, right?

Because my physical strength seems to be returning, I'll embark on a longer walk today. Todd and I are going down to the ocean to enjoy the sea breeze and sunshine. We are so lucky to live within a mile of the beach! Later, I'm surprising Todd with a nice, romantic dinner out. I'll create a smoky eye, wear Sheila on my head and stilettos on my feet. I will feel feminine and sexy again if it kills me. Or, if it takes a few hours of preparations.

Time to bask in a perfect Saturday afternoon. No worries. Cancer doesn't get to hold court today.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the day! Class sounded great.

    Also, you guys are lucky to be going to the animal sanctuary next week - take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous post. So glad you're feeling great today and that your students helped to inspire you. It's obvious you're very loved and respected. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your romantic evening!! -- Sonia

    ReplyDelete