Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dominique has a fabulous day!


And the winner is.....Dominique! Thanks Arch, for your creative vision.

Dominique's inaugural excursion was a smashing success. She taught pilates, went out to lunch, shopped, and even did some laundry, all in sassy style. Whereas I still feel self-conscious in Sheila or sometimes even in one of the hat-hairs, Dominique is so radically different then Claire that I felt liberated.

So, whether it is the fact that I am almost two weeks out from Round 4 and physically stronger each day or that life as a redhead is just more exciting, I feel good today. I feel more connected. That vague feeling of isolation is lifting and my mind and heart feel stimulated.

I committed to teaching a yoga class beginning in July, at a studio where I've always wanted to teach, Yoga Swami. I feel blessed for the connection that created the opportunity. Thank you Katie!

And, I took another step forward in taking my career to the next level. The final piece of the puzzle, you could say. I attended an informational call with Coach U, a life coaching training school. For many years, I've been interested in adding coaching to my arsenal, as a natural extension of teaching yoga and pilates and seeking to help others. It sounds like an amazing program that won't interrupt my teaching and writing schedule, only complement it.

Why add a coaching credential?

I'd like to help others who have gone through a life-changing crisis, like cancer or AIDS or losing a loved one. I'd like to help pave the way back from darkness to one filled with light. To reconnect with the physical body, the heart and the mind. I'd also like to help motivate those who just feel generally stuck and need encouragement and a plan to implement a professional or personal transformation. Coaching just gives some more structure and tools to the process.

So many people I've encountered have no idea where to start, how to rebuild, how to recreate a life after a crisis. One thing I know is change! If I can share lessons from my experiences, if I can make a difference, if I can heal in some small way, I am fulfilled. Mind, body and spirit.

Now, need to continue working on my own healing.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from hot and humid Virginia! This is a great blog, we will stay engaged to see how you are doing! Guch & Kelly

    ReplyDelete