Saturday, May 8, 2010

Milestones and Best Friends



A quick entry from Best Friends in Kanab, Utah. I think this photo says it all. This is Bari, a Catahoula Leopard Dog or a Catahoula Hog Dog. Known to herd cats. Seriously. She and her brother were two of the sweetest puppies I've ever met. Good thing that Todd and I didn't drive here. This time.

Please note that I am not wearing Sheila or any of my hat hair underneath my hat. Just the hat. A milestone for me. Building upon a milestone for me from Thursday morning when I taught my Sculpt Fusion Yoga class bald. No hat. Bald. Bald. Bald. I did wear Sheila on the plane and probably will wear her home too. Easier. Enough about the hair for now.

Nothing could have prepared us for the breadth and beauty of this sanctuary. We had the tour yesterday morning, over 3,800 acres containing cats, dogs, horses, pigs, goats, birds, bunnies....heaven.

We volunteered yesterday afternoon and all day today. We walked lots of dogs, took Sascha for an outing to Angel's Landing, Todd took April for an outing this afternoon while I played in the Casa del Calmar, one of the Cat World buildings. Let's just say we have both been experiencing pure happiness and peace of mind.

So many people here are on return visits. It is just so cool to be around all these animal lovers who come here to spend time with the homeless pets. Todd and I definitely will return as this is the perfect annual trek. I've been doing rescue work for about 15 years now and I've never seen anything like this. Love, love, love it!

This trip has been on the "list" for five years. Check!
Tomorrow we head to Zion before flying back to San Diego. Can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Bring one home, or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you and Todd are having a rewarding weekend. Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so gorgeous in the photo...sans hair. I belive it is (1) because you are gorgeous and (2)because you are in your elemnt w/ animals....either way, you are awesome! Love u, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect weekend. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so WONDERFUL Claire <3 U!! Sounds like such a wonder place :) Any Sphynx cats? I would love to adopt one more... Enjoy!!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me happy just to think of all of those animals in one place

    ReplyDelete