Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pre-Round #4


Gearing up for Round 4 this afternoon. Kim and I will head to Lois' for my acupuncture and then down to the Chemo Lounge. After today, I'll only have two rounds left. More than halfway to the finish line. Hallelujah!

We had an awesome, busy day yesterday. Pilates, manicure/pedicure, lunch at the always yummy Swamis Cafe. It was gorgeous outside, sunny and 68 or so. Perfect. Then, we did the not-so-fun tasks of taking me to Scripps for my blood work. It doesn't seem to become any more pleasant with habit. Then, onto the magical Patti's house for some more wig tweaking and the selection of the new short Posh do. We had a blast trying on some silly wigs while Patti styled and trimmed Sheila. Now, Sheila is perfect!

Big news.....drumroll....I'm going for the auburn Posh. Something very different for me. Why not? Maybe I'm finally going to have fun with this. Sultry redhead one day, sexy blond the next, with interspersions of hat hair and bald as an egg.

Last night, I had my dear old friend Kim (met circa 1991) and my "new" friends meet up at Third Corner. That place is so fabulous. Lissa, Kirsten, Meredith and Anne all showed up to eat, drink and toast off this round. I'm so blessed to have such beautiful, generous, smart, funny, kind friends. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Thank you all!

I've decided to have a big party at the end of chemo. After June 24th. I'd like to take a page from my friend April's birthday party last fall and make it a wig party. Everyone must wear a wig to be admitted and consume tasty cocktails. April's party was so much fun: talk about an icebreaker or two? Purple mullets, pink bobs, Bob Marley dreads....it will be a blast!! Start planning now....we'll have prizes!

I'm trying not to stress over how this weekend will unfold. I hope that I'm not as fatigued as I was last time but, as my legs have been feeling really tired, I have a feeling I may be on my back a lot. Sigh.

Off we go!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're over the hump with your treatments. Whoo-hoo! And you know I am so on board with the wig party, wouldn't miss it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete