Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beat the Second Sunday Curse


The dreaded second Sunday after chemotherapy. The prior two Sundays were woe-filled dark days where nothing could pull me out of my chemo-induced depression. Could the curse be beat?

I am happy to report that the answer is Yes!

I continued to ride the Saturday morning high into the evening. Todd and I had a romantic dinner at Firefly. I tamed Sheila and wore her with authority. (see photo above) It still feels weird to wear a wig and I cannot wait to have my own hair again. Nonetheless, we had a great night and went to bed happy.

I started my morning with one of the best yoga classes I've been to in years. The inspiring Katie Brauer led the practice, accompanied by live music, at Asana Yoga Del Mar. I left feeling zen. And sleepy.

So, I went home to take a little nap with Jake and Oreo and chill out the rest of the day. My energy level is definitely still low. I hope it returns. I can't keep chugging vegetable juice hoping for a Popeye moment! My legs still feel like those of a wobbly baby deer. Tomorrow they will be stronger.

Four sleeps until we leave for Best Friends!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great weekend! Looking forward to pilates tomorrow night! Les

    ReplyDelete