Thursday, August 19, 2010

A very good day


Today was fabulous. A reminder that even though I've had some seriously dark moments, it is so important to hold on because you just never know what tomorrow can bring. I'm always amazed at how true this premise is.

This morning I taught my 3rd of 4 Yoga for Cancer Recovery class at lululemon in Carlsbad. We had the biggest class yet with some "regulars" and some new faces. It went really well and the feedback continues to be positive. I love it! I met Angela, who is the co-founder of the Young Survival Coalition in San Diego, a group for young women dealing with cancer. http://www.youngsurvival.org/sandiego. I'd like to get more involved with them.

I'm also trying to figure out the best studio to hold ongoing classes when this series concludes next week. I'd like to offer weekly yoga for cancer recovery classes on a donation basis in North County. Very soon!

The sun continues to shine on San Diego and with each sunny day, my mood continues to lift. Radiation, no problem. Check-up with oncologist, piece of cake. Walk on the beach and a few margaritas with Lissa, fabulous!

I was thrilled to return home and find my Lymphedivas package. The two new sleeves are totally cute: much more attractive than the beige. Unfortunately, they sent me the wrong size gauntlet and I cannot wear the sleeve without the gauntlet. Waah! I want to wear my new sleeve to teach tomorrow. How funny is it to look back at how I wouldn't even look at the lymphediva website and now I'm upset that I can't wear my new sleeve soon enough. Interesting how things shift.....

And, tomorrow is Friday!

3 comments:

  1. you are an inspiration claire. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the shifting that's ALWAYS interesting and amazing. Glad it was such a wonderful day. ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time..I've been following you and just wanted you to know I think of you often out here in Dallas:0
    You take care!!
    xoxo
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete