Thursday, August 26, 2010

Amazing day!


Today was amazing. Amazingly brimming with familiar and new faces, positive energy, interesting conversations, lots of yoga and simple happiness. The San Diego sunshine beamed down, bathing everything in a bright, soft light.

The morning began with Yoga for Cancer Recovery at lululemon. We've extended the series so, there will be two more Thursday 9am classes at the store. It is amazing (sorry to overuse the word but, it just fits) that a group of like-minded students meeting each week has turned into a little community already. I feel so blessed to be a part of something this special. When I return from Australia, we'll just move the beautiful group to a new, permanent location.

Today, I was contemplating how often I felt stuck this year. Just up against a brick wall, no progress, no options, no prospects. Sitting in the house recovering from surgery or chemo or the ailment of the day. I had to drop so many of my regular classes and clients because of cancer. At times, despite my best efforts, I worried a lot about what I was going to do once treatment was done. Would I be able to make up for lost time? Were all those opportunities lost to me forever? Faith in the unknown, prayers and love allowed me to believe that this unchosen path of breast cancer would lead me to something new. Something powerful, true, and life-changing.

I've known for a long time that I'm meant to teach and to write on a grand scale. I remember back to 1997, when I was so miserable practicing law that I would cry each morning in the shower on the way to work. I knew then that I wanted to teach yoga and to write, reaching as many people as possible. This path is leading me to doing so in ways I could never have envisioned. My life is full of beautiful opportunities.

And, if that isn't a silver lining, I don't know what is.

4 comments:

  1. amen.
    julie mckeever kavanagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hidden gifts. I love those.
    Love you, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Sister :) Do what you like and like what you do!!!!! This ain't know dress rehersal....each day we open our eyes and get to experience the day we are so fortunate and blessed....Positve vibes to you for continued healing and strength

    xo
    Lisa (Hayes) Chmael

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops i meant "no"....that's what happens when you been to the neighborhood jamboree and you need some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete