Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bald Bikini-clad lady Bicycling to Beach



Ahhh, the dilemma of the day was actually quite amusing. What the heck was I going to wear to cover my salt-and-pepper chia-pet head and radiation burned chest to go to the beach via beach cruiser?

The weather is pristine and there is no way I was missing out on the beach with Todd today. But, it was going to be a high-maintenance endeavor.

The issues:

1. Chest must be covered completely because of nasty radiation rash.

2. Need to wear lymphedema arm sleeve to ride bicycle and walk on beach.

3. Need to wear something to cover the head that wouldn't blow off as I cruised down the hill toward the beach. The wigs and hat hair just weren't viable. We have to cross the 5 Freeway and I could just see my wig or hat hair flying off into oncoming traffic. Is it a bird? a plane? or Britney or Gisele? Who cares because it caused a multi-car pile up.

For the bosom, I tried the rash guard. It is totally cute (see above) but it made me sweat in the house so, I could not imagine trying to sit on the beach with it. No. Next, I dug out my Corepower Yoga boot camp t-shirt and that worked. Yes. Unfortunately, my name is plastered on the back of it in neon yellow so, everyone from our house to the beach knows that the crazy bicycling bald lady with the weird arm's name is CLAIRE.

For the head, I borrowed Todd's buff to wear underneath my favorite Costa-Rican Imperial baseball cap. That way, if the hat blew off on the bicycle ride, I'd at least be covered.

The arm was just going to have to be ugly beige with glove.

It worked! See the complete ensemble above. Anyone who has EVER commented on my ego: take note!! I felt so free and happy cruising on the bicycle and walking on the beach with Todd. Cancer be damned. And, honestly, who would recognize me in that get-up?

Repercussions: sweating like a filthy animal on the return uphill bike ride. My head was drenched with sweat, as was the rest of me. But, it was worth it!

I'm not going to compare these photos to the bikini shots that I was posting back in January....again, slightly different look then Cabo with Kirsten. But, I was just as happy to be out on the beach today as I was then.

Two requests readers: If you have been reading my blog and haven't joined as a follower, I'd be thrilled if you became one. Also, if you have a comment or opinion, please feel free to comment on the blog! I love reading the comments. Thanks!!

12 comments:

  1. Ya know, you rocked the look as usual, but really, to me it matters not how you look (from a style perspective) we'll never be lovers. ;-) But, I love to hear about your efforts to deal with Ca acoutrements because they're real and funny, but end of the day, just happy you're here and sharing with us. I've learned so much and feel very connected to your experience. So keep it coming. I can't wait to hear about Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a
    Cutie patootie! Xo, gb

    ReplyDelete
  3. claire. you are hilarious. your sense of humor is unmatched. i needed a laugh right now - thanks for being there (as always). see you tomorrow! xo, zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC! The ensemble, the entry and as always, the humor. Soooo happy you had such a blissful day ... and that you savored the freedom you felt! ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hysterical!! And beautiful as well!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so if you own & ride a beach cruiser, you are too cool for school to wear a helmet? I would say that is the easiest way to keep something on your head :) (says the mom of 3, one of them being Evel Knievel reincarnate)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite stylish, m'dear. And the beach sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i needed a laugh right now - thanks for being there.
    beach cruiser bicycle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've learned so much and feel very connected to your experience. So keep it coming. I can't wait to hear about Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear about Australia!
    Laptop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beachbikes.net promises to continue to evolve the beach cruiser industry by offering sleeker, new beach cruisers that everyone can afford.
    valve stem covers

    ReplyDelete
  12. With a ablaze and active blush scheme, the Dream cycle is fun cruiser that absolutely makes a account California Bikes.miami beach condos

    ReplyDelete