Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rolling back up


Today was an absolutely beautiful day. Although I had to go pay $1252 to have three mysterious items repaired on my car, something about sensors and thermostats and valves, I didn't really feel upset. They did wash the car and polish the rims.

As seems to be the pattern, the rollercoaster ascends again. I'm going to have whiplash from all of the ups and downs on this ride. I guess it makes sense that some days are just totally black and depressing and seemingly hopeless. It is just the extremity of the dips and crests that continues to surprise me.

The sun was out early this morning: a beautiful, perfect summer morning. Such a relief after the heavy marine layer that has rendered San Diego a perfect movie set for Wuthering Heights or Pride and Predjudice. Over the gloomy weekend, I'd expected Heathcliff to come galloping out of the fog. Depressing.

I met with a new private yoga client today. She is a breast cancer survivor and wanted to start yoga to recuperate from the prior year of treatment. We had a great session and I think we will work really well together. I'm excited at the direction my career is taking. Funny that it took cancer to assist me in finding this niche. Don't get me wrong: I love teaching my Power yoga classes and will continue to do so but, I really feel like I can make a difference with this new group of clients.

Todd and I went for a long walk on the beach. It is so beautiful: I feel so lucky that I actually get to live here! Clear beautiful ocean, long stretches of golden sand and cool breezes. Perfect.

And, I wore the smaller size sleeve that I couldn't get on two months ago because my arm was so FAT. Yippee! I'm working on two weeks of a normal sized arm and now ready to start weaning slowly off the sleeve and stepping up the workouts. I actually feel like I'm in my own body again. Finally.

In terms of the radiation side-effects, my skin is really starting to pinken. The wise Lizzy advised me to use Emu oil and I ran out and snapped some up at Henry's. I used it right after my cooking this afternoon. Between that and the calendula lotion, I hope that my skin doesn't get burned too much more.

The end is in sight: September 15th. Counting down the days.

4 comments:

  1. Keep fighting the good fight, Claire. You've got support where you don't even know it exists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm still offering up fat cells should you need them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heathcliff! Ha. You slay me, my fellow reading nerd. So glad that you are where you are.

    ReplyDelete