Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Turning the corner


What a difference a day makes. I am so grateful for all the support that I have. Today, I turned the corner in my mindset with this lymphedema. It isn't resolved yet but, I decided that it will be. I am not accepting that this could take six months of daily bandaging and sleeve wearing. I will heal faster because I am strong.

Lois worked with me with the microcurrent machine to open up the lymphatic pathways near the incision that marks the inception of this latest snafu in my cancer recuperation. It is miraculous how the swelling subsides so quickly with this alternative treatment. It sure beats bandaging. Anyways, I kissed my arm in the shower and told it that it would be healed very soon. Love, love, love to my right arm.

And, enough about the arm. Way too much airtime over the last three and one-half weeks.

As I mentioned earlier, I was thrilled to go to Warner Springs and participate in Active.com's Endurance Camp. Today, I was thrilled to receive feedback from some of the students who practiced yoga with me.

"That was the absolute best yoga experience I've ever had. Period."
"In the top 3 yoga sessions I've had"
"Claire is amazing. I've been doing this for years, and THAT was amazing."

It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that I can connect with people through my teaching. I love teaching yoga.

Today, things shifted for me. I've turned a corner and am certain that my strength is returning. My body thinks it is getting poisoned again on Thursday and it isn't! I can't wait to see how I start feeling each day now that my cells aren't under attack from the chemo drugs. And, hair is growing. By next week, I'm sure I'll have a luxurious mane.

I can dream big, right?

2 comments:

  1. Dream big! Your class was so helpful to me on Sunday! I can't wait until we have you back teaching at Active full time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C, you are really remarkable. So mature, strong, and positive. I think this experience is happening in large part to give you new dimension in living your life and every aspect of it, i.e., your teaching, writing, etc.

    ReplyDelete