Friday, July 9, 2010

Warner Springs Eve


TGIF! No more appointments for a few days. This week has been dominated by efforts to curb the expansion of my arm. Unfortunately, it is bigger than it was last week, which is not the result aimed for. So, I'll be wearing a sleeve all day every day and bandages all night for the foreseeable future.

On the alternative front, I'm continuing with the microcurrent treatments that yield immediate results in diminishing swelling. I'm also going to start on some herbal supplements that are supposed to aid with lymphatic system issues. And, I am working my way to true visualization and healing. This issue will be resolved and it will become a distant memory. No more flare ups. This is it. One shot evil lymphedema: that is all you get with me. Once you are gone, you are history. Period.

So there!

On a positive note, today I met with an amazing woman who works for City of Hope. She is organizing an event called Yoga for Hope to raise money for cancer research. I am going to work with her to help make it a huge success. I'm honored to be a part of this inaugural event.

What is City of Hope? It is one of only 40 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers nationwide and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. An independent biomedical research, treatment and education institution, they are a leader in the fight to conquer cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. www.cityofhope.org.

Off to pack for Warner Springs. It is the second annual ActiveX (active.com) Warner Springs Endurance Camp. Arch Fuston organizes a weekend of triathalon preparation, complete with bringing out the experts to coach on tri transitions, swim trials, etc. I'm leading a yoga class on Sunday morning for all the athletes after they return from their run. Last year was a blast and I expect the same for this year.

4 comments:

  1. Claire, if my memory serves me correctly, I found your blog via McCabe's and wanted to let you know that I'm holding you in prayer and sending best wishes, as well. You are an inspiration to those of us who only know you via this blog, so you must be knocking the socks off of those who have the good fortune to know you in person. Take gentle care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga for Hope and City of Hope sound wonderful, C. Hope you're having a great weekend in Warner Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for leading us through the most beautiful yoga class I've ever attended! The weather was perfect, the birds were chirping, the setting was beautiful. I loved the class and it was so wonderful to see you again! My sore muscles are just another reminder of a perfectly peaceful morning.
    Hugs to you - Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the kind words and I can't express enough how much I am looking forward to working with you to plan what is sure to be a monumental event. Here's to a day of inspiration, education and kicking cancer in the butt!

    ReplyDelete