Friday, July 30, 2010

Yoga for Cancer Recovery Free Series



Let's talk about silver linings: my original theme for this blogging endeavor. Please take a look at the invitation above and I think you'll see one of the primary gifts I've received this year.

Earlier this year while I was going through chemotherapy, I earned my certification to teach yoga to cancer patients. Now that I'm nearing the last months of my treatment, I'm able to share what I've learned both on and off of the mat with others who are living with cancer. I am both excited and nervous for the first official series of classes that I'll be teaching in this niche. It is funny: I'm so comfortable teaching yoga, it is as natural to me as breathing.

But, this is different. More powerful because there is an additional bond between all of the students that automatically makes us kindred souls: our lives have been touched in a way that changes us forever. So, I'm nervous. I want to share my gift of teaching with this community, to help heal, to help make a difference. I want to resonate.

I'm excited to be partnering with lululemon Carlsbad, where I am an ambassador, in offering this series of free weekly classes for the month of August. We'll meet Thursday mornings at 9am, prior to the store opening, starting next week. The classes are open to all levels and all people living with cancer: the only requirement is showing up on the mat.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful gift all around -- FOR you and FROM you and lulu. AGAIN, you are doing amazing, courageous and inspiring things. Right on! ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an awesome loving -giving spirit Claire :) I just love you!! Best of luck!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete