Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trying to stay present


How to measure time these days?

The present: Megan arrived today and it is wonderful having her here. Taught three classes. One with hat hair and two in my little beanies.

I freaked out a little bit this morning because the hat-hair elastic strap that goes across the forehead broke. I wasn't prepared to leave the house with only a beanie. So, I stapled it together and went to teach my active.com yoga class. The hat hair wouldn't survive in the heated yoga room at Sculpt Fusion so, I braved it with the cotton beanie. It worked. I just try not to look in the mirror.

The future: Chemo Round #2 is Thursday. I'm trying not to dwell on it
but, I've got to start all the pre-treatments, aka steroids, tomorrow. So much preparation for three hours in the lounge chair at Scripps. So much preparation to get sick. So much stress knowing what is coming. I'm not dreading the actual treatment, just the aftermath. Praying that I can prevent the bone pain this time.

At least I don't have to worry about my hair falling out.

This photo is what came out Saturday morning.

7 comments:

  1. I love the hat hair! Sorry I missed class I had a cold and didn't want to get you sick. See you next round I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pulled out my trust rock from my purse today by accident but ended up liking the result. love it. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending more and more and more good vibes for pre-treatments today and round #2 tmw. So glad Megan is there with you. xoxo Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello claire,

    came here from mccabe's blog -- here's a link to one of my (many) friends whose been there -- christine's a new friend but she's rockin'

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/giantwoman?ref=sgm

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were amazing yesterday! And looked ridiculously beautiful!
    I hope this treatment cycle comes without side effects! Happy you have a great friend in town to help you through it...friends are simply the best medicine of all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey C,

    I hope tomorrow's treatment will go smoothly and that you'll have as little discomfort as possible. Glad Megan is there with you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Pilates last night! Thanks again. Hope you have a nice painfree weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete