Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Moon is here!!


I am finally feeling normal. I had half a cup of coffee this morning without any evil repercussions. No medications for two days straight. Well, except for the sleeping pill and that doesn't count. My body is finally not being hammered with chemicals. I can swallow my herbal supplements.

And, I don't need to just eat potatoes. That aspect is bittersweet. It will be an every third week potato and ginger ale diet. Back to the vegetables and clean eating while my stomach can handle it.

The way I see it, I've got two weeks to work out and eat right to prepare for the second onslaught of chemo on April Fools Day. Perhaps with this pattern, I can maintain. Cautiously optimistic.

The Yoga for Cancer Therapy training is wonderful. We've started both sessions with a restorative yoga class. I'm not accustomed to using bolsters and blocks and straps. This is a new area of yoga for me and I like it! I also think that I'll enjoy sharing it with others. My brain is a bit full so, tonight isn't the night that I will disseminate what I've learned. We've got another session tomorrow and another full weekend on April 2nd.

The course is bringing up a lot of emotions for me. When it was my turn to introduce myself to the others last night, I couldn't do it without tears. This morning, I woke up crying. I can't recall the last time I cried. The first month I would wake up, climb in the shower, bawl my eyes out and then proceed with the day. Perhaps I am reaching a new stage in this process. Return to emotion?

Today is a good day. A few times, I almost forgot that I had cancer.

In fact, I had a long stretch this evening where it didn't cross my mind. New Moon was released today and I, of course, had to buy the 3 disc Deluxe Edition. Overjoyed, I drove home from Target with my prize, changed into comfy sweats and parked myself on the couch to enjoy. No distractions.

All you Twilight doubters and haters, stop! I love, love, love the books and movies and nothing you can say will change my mind. Anyone who has had a broken heart or an unrequited love gets it. Two hours of sheer bliss.

Time to put in Disc 2, with the 6 part documentary and interviews with Muse. Or, should I put in Disc 3 with Deleted scenes and Interview with the Volturi. Or, maybe I should save one for tomorrow.

Decisions, decisions.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE Twilight!!!! I made my 15 yr. old son who had no plans last night sit down and watch with me...shhh don't tell....don't want to ruin his reputation...:) Go Team Jacob! Julie McKeever Kavanagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Edward. Always. Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better, C. The Cancer for Yoga Therapy sounds exciting. With the DVDs, now you can enjoy Twilight whenever you want!

    Love, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. RPatz is the bomb! I was totally team jacob until RPatz got the role and now its Team Edward now and forever! Soo happy you are feeling better... ready for some green stew? Ran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Claire:

    Thinking about you and keeping up on how you are doing...glad things are moving in the right direction...stay strong and listen to your body! My 12 year old and I love love love the twilight series! And I thought new moon was awesome saw it the first night it came out and can't wait till spring break to watch it with kyra! GO TEAM EDWARD!!! Lisa (hayes) Chmael

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you watched the Interview with the Volturi! I want to know what they said...

    ReplyDelete