Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hair Removal: Part 2 of 2





The Cat In the Hat on Claire's Hair
I have no hair
I do not care
My locks are gone
And I am free
I am beautiful bald
As you can see
Now in the mornings, my sweet dears
I do not brush
I do not fuss
So envy, envy, envy me
While you are primping, wasting time
I can change my look on a dime
I'm ready to go with a wig or a hat
Fast out the door
Now try and top that! (by Elizabeth Olson)

Mimosas are the best. Yesterday afternoon was a lot of fun. Really, I didn't even cry. Anne, Angie and Joanna and I shared mimosas and yummy snacks in preparation for heading down to Patti's for my shearing and hair fitting. Lots of laughter.

The mimosas went down so smoothly, in fact, that we realized we needed a designated driver to chauffer us to Patti's. Enter my wonderful boyfriend Todd. Not only did he drive us down, he dog-sat Puffy, Angie's little dog, and picked us up. Thanks Todd!

Patti made the experience fun. We had a small snafu as my Pralines and Cream shade didn't come in on time. We've got to wait until April 6th. In lieu of it, we used the same wig style in a lighter blonde. So, it looks like I just went for the peroxide. The wig looks amazingly real. Patti custom fit it to my head, trimmed it to look more like mine. Really cool. I also absolutely love my hat hair. What fun to have long, thick blonde hair under my hats!! Let's just hope they don't blow off.

The shearing was interesting. Patti has done this before so, she wisely had me turned away from the mirror. My remaining hair was so knotted that she just whacked it off. First, we saw what I looked like with a short, beveled bob and surprise, surprise: it was cute! Who knew? I guess since the last time I had a bob was when I had the bad perm in high school, I didn't think I'd ever look okay. I also like the "Posh" short wig and may get that too. Again, who knew?

When she brandished the clippers, I began to quiet. My head is very tender and some of the hair holding on is very painful and sensitive to the touch. She stopped because it was hurting me so much. I knew I should've brought a bottle of champagne with me!

Now, there are two main comparisons for my shorn head. A nun in a black and white 1960's french film or the women in the old Charlie's Angels episode where Cheryl Ladd was kidnapped by a maniac who kidnapped pretty women, made them wear burlap robes and sheared off their hair. Either way you look at it, it isn't pretty. I'd like the remaining inch or so to be removed.

My head still hurts so, I'm sitting here with nothing covering it. So ugly. But, I'm in the house and Todd and the cats are just stuck with it.

We're going for a walk later. I think it shall be the hat hair and baseball cap. HOT!

6 comments:

  1. Loving it girl. Was great to see you and share some mimosas and memories! See you soon:-). Xoxo. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think I am jealous! I really hate the whole hair prep thing. Wig looks phenomenal, but so does au natural. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!

    @//(*_*)\\@ Hair OR (*_*) No Hair

    We <3 U Claire!!

    C&J

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brave you are to undergo the shearing and to write about it and share the experience of this with others. Your writing is very humbling to me. - Anne Ruhr

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful C.

    Love, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire:

    You are amazing! It was truly good to see your smile even through all this your attitude is amazing! Keep up the good work! I am sending you positive vibes from Annapolis

    xo Lisa Hayes Chmael :)

    ReplyDelete