Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A pretty good day


I'm so happy to be back to teaching this week. It feels great to be around all the positive, healthy people! I am blessed to be able to teach others and focus exclusively on them for a while. And, it helps me keep the demons at bay. I feel the depression lapping at the edges constantly now.

Then, I met Nancy, who is also going through treatment, at the lagoon for a walk. I won't call it a power walk because my pace wasn't there but, it felt great anyways. Batiquitos lagoon is truly magical. It is comforting to be able to vent with someone who is going through the same unasked for journey. To commiserate. To empathize fully. We both have energy in the morning and crash in the afternoon.

My dance card was full today. Next, I met Meredith for lunch at Lotus Cafe. Meredith's lunch looked great, mine wasn't as tasty. I ordered the vegetarian chili and I'm just jaded. Randi's vegetarian chili is the bomb and nothing could compare. I now know better than to order it anywhere else. It was lovely to catch up with Meredith. I think she may have promised to make me homemade mac n cheese. Mer? Pretty please?

As nap-time now appears to be set for 2pm PST each day, I made my way home. And, took a nap. Actually, these afternoon naps are kind of like a dozing fest. I'm not sure how much actual sleep I get but, the cats are very pleased with my new habit. Finally! Mom gets it. No napping alone in this house.

Taught this evening at 6:15 and again, it was fabulous to be in the studio teaching. But, that's all I've got. I'm ready for bed. At 9:15pm, Todd's already there. What's his excuse? It is his Birthday Eve and the sooner he sleeps, the sooner he is the official Birthday Boy.

No profound insights today. Just logging it in. One day at a time. This photo makes me nostalgic for last summer: tan, healthy with muscles.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you have someone to talk to about this journey. I am in awe of your persistence. You are amazing. Tell Todd happy Bday from us!

    ReplyDelete