Saturday, March 13, 2010

Apres-Chemo Day 2: still rolling....


Rolling a little bit slowly but, rolling along nonetheless. Today was the final day of the "E" drug for nausea. I think the nausea wagon is closing its doors this evening. It really hasn't been bad at all. Two analogies for you depending upon your style: slight hangover or very mild flu.

I whiled away a happy morning back at the Rescue House Cat Adoption center at Petco Encinitas. Two fun-filled hours playing with the kitties, snuggling, cleaning up and feeding them. It is so relaxing for me. Again, that joy of doing something that has nothing to do with me and only helps the cats have a better experience before they get adopted. I was thrilled to be back. Lovely way to start my weekend.

I must confess I needed a nap post-cat house but, that is okay. The nap was followed by a walk on the beach with my man. Ocean air is a cure-all. I'm definitely keeping up on the daily walks post-treatment. Not exactly a workout but, it feels like it is helping move these medicines through my system faster. Faster is better. Faster means that when Monday morning dawns, I'll pop out of bed and be ready to go.

Or, slink out of bed. Semantics.

That's all I've got. I'm tired and my head is hurting a bit. Time to go to bed and Spring Forward! More sunshine. Love it.

4 comments:

  1. Great attitude Claire! Stay positive and strong! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you haven't been hit too hard by the chemo. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. claire - so happy to hear you are doing ok. xx, zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOU CLAIRE-BEAR!!!! ~GB

    ReplyDelete