Monday, June 7, 2010

Round 5 Much better than Round 4!


Thus far, Round 5 greatly exceeds Round 4.

No huge swollen Uncle Fester Head.

No extreme muscle pain.

No useless, exhausted limbs.

Actually, today was quite productive. I'm always a happy girl when I feel that I can check items off of my to-do list. Confirmed that my accountant filed my taxes, yes, they were late but, hey, I figured I had a good excuse for an extension. Good news is that I actually got a refund. Direct to the Great Barrier Reef fund.

The highlight of my day was a complimentary facial. Free Facial. Free Facial. Free Facial. How wonderful is that? Facelogic in Encinitas offers free facials for cancer patients every other month. They donate their time and talent to give others going through challenging times some much-needed pampering. From the moment I walked into the soothing environment, I felt special. After my appointment with Mareli, my skin felt like buttah! www.facelogicspa.com/encinitas.

Upon arriving home, the lovely Bonnie dropped off a tasty dinner of sweet potatoes and salmon. The sweet potatoes were so yummy that I stuffed myself beyond the brim. Will I ever learn to stop eating when I am full? Too good to resist!

I plan on taking it easy this week in order to fully recuperate so that I go into Round 6 as strong as possible. We are looking at days people, days. 17 days. Then, no more chemo ever. No. More. Chemo. Ever. Again.

I wish I were feeling more articulate so I could express what's going on inside of me. I'm afraid that my brain is rather floaty and loose right now. Perhaps later this week, some of these realizations and lessons will solidify enough to be documented.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear #5 has gone so well -

    I'm so proud of you that you have stuck it through C - one more to go.

    Like that shade on you - is that Sheila?

    ReplyDelete