Friday, June 25, 2010

Chemo Graduation Complete!




Everyone at Scripps loved my Chemo Graduation T-shirt! It was absolutely perfect, thank you again Anaise! Thanks to Meredith, Anne and Rachel for sharing some of the afternoon with me. The last afternoon ever in the Chemo Lounge for me.

It hasn't really hit me yet that I am done with the worst part of treatment. It is fini. Behind me. Never have to go again. Now my hair can start growing back. As I lost 5 more eyebrow hairs yesterday, that is a good thing. I'm starting to look like the lady who worked at Fairfax Hospital cafeteria with fully drawn-on brows!

Now, it is time to move forward!! To focus on building new strength, stamina, and getting my arm under control. Coach U starts next week so I can begin the journey of rounding out my career and add Life Coach to my resume. Officially, that is! I'm looking forward to getting back to a regular teaching schedule, to planning the Lululemon Yoga for Cancer Recovery collaboration we've set up for August.

And, most importantly, to have this cancer fade into the background. Never forgotten but, no longer the star of the show. I've got too much to live for, too much to do, too many people to love. And, for now, the Sandman is calling me for a nap.

4 comments: