Sunday, June 13, 2010

And up we go!


What a difference a day makes. I awoke feeling much better than I have since before the last round. How refreshing! I must confess that I slept until 10am. Perhaps sleeping for almost twelve hours healed me.

San Diego has been dominated by June Gloom for the last few weeks so, I was overjoyed that the sun decided to make an appearance today. Sunshine and legs that didn't feel like cement blocks! To celebrate, we went for a walk at the lagoon. Such a beautiful, tranquil environment, graced with sun-dappled trees, graceful egrets and other birds. It felt great to be outside, to be active, to not feel tied to the couch.

Gratitude has played a huge part in this journey. Gratitude for the love and support that I have received. Gratitude that I've tolerated the treatment well, for the most part. I've saved every single card, email and note that I've received since this all began in January. Today, I spent some time re-reading some of them.

I feel so blessed for the kind words, the well-wishes, the prayers, the sentiment. It is so uplifting to revisit all of them. It gives me renewed energy and faith to make it through the next weeks of chemo and the seven weeks of radiation.

My plans for providing Yoga for Cancer Recovery are really starting to fall into place. This week I should have a schedule for the month-long free series of classes that I will be able to offer at Lululemon for patients and survivors of all types of cancer. We want put together all kinds of resources. Exciting!

Three days until Napa!

No comments:

Post a Comment