Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chemo Eve #5



The orange tang bag is packed. Again. Ready to head to Scripps.

Gossip magazines: Check.
Ipod: Check.
$400 anti-nausea medication: Check.
Incredible soft blanket from Dreamy: Check.
Cruncy cinnamon sugar Pita chips from Trader Joes. Check.

Today turned out to be a good day. I was still feeling kind of off this morning but, the lovely Christy treated me to an hour long Reflexology session at De la Sole in Del Mar. www.delasolereflexology.com. It was fabulous! The studio is completely zen, with big cushy chairs, soft lighting and peaceful music. Sixty minutes of a head massage, arm and hand massage and a fabulous foot reflexology massage. I accessed that blessed space between sleep and consciousness and left feeling relaxed and refreshed. I highly recommend it!

I'm also flying on my mandatory steroids. My 6pm Pilates Reformer class felt the energy this evening! I'm looking forward to teaching yoga in the morning before chemo. Even though I need to teach bald and feel like GI Jane. Can't wait for the hair to return....

The day was capped off by a fantastic dinner delivery from the sweet, generous Lori. Yum. It has been such a gift to have dinner dropped off over these last few months. It just makes the day so much easier and lifts the burden on Todd because I just don't have the energy to attempt dinner very often. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No big lessons today but, I'm sure they are continuing to percolate. Day by day.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you this morning as you head to treatment. xoxo Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to be a bit gentle on the yoga class with your sterioid high! :) Hope today goes by in the blink of an eye. Miss you, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. With you in spirit for #5.

    ReplyDelete