Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Napa Eve


Here I am, eve-ing it up again. But, I am excited to leave for Napa first thing in the morning! I'm packed and ready to go. Todd is already up in San Francisco so it feels like I'm flying off to meet my lover in an exotic locale. Sunshine, a room amongst the vines, wine, delicious food and Todd: I cannot wait! Will it be Dominique or Sheila stepping off that plane?

Today was fantastic. One of the best days I've had in a while. I taught two pilates class and the new Yoga for Healthy Backs class at Bindu Yoga. I had a leisurely lunch with my dear friend Zoe at one of my favorite restaurants, St. Tropez. We've both been so busy that actually having the time to just eat lunch and catch up felt very decadent. She's one of those people that you simply feel good being around.

I also met with Lisa from Lululemon to discuss the upcoming events we are going to offer at Lululemon in August. We are partnering to offer complimentary yoga for cancer recovery, taught by yours truly. I'm so excited at the opportunity to be able to be a resource for others living with cancer. It is going to be fantastic! More details to follow....

On days like today, I don’t feel like I have cancer at all. Well, except for a few choice moments wrestling with the wigs but, that is another story. I taught, I went to meetings, I got in a workout on the Reformer, I went to lunch, I packed for a really romantic trip: in other words I was fully engaged in my life and my day. Sometimes, throughout this whole ride, I’ve felt half-alive and numb. It was a gift to feel like Full-blown CLAIRE today.

This photo is from last summer's trip up to Central California. Wolff Winery

2 comments:

  1. Loved starting my morning reading this! Can't wait to hear about the trip -- hope you guys love Milat! Eat at the Martini house house one night! Hugs, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so stoked to hear how the Yoga for Cancer Survivors pans out. And you are in great hands with Lisa!

    ReplyDelete