Friday, June 4, 2010

5 down, 1 to go!


I cannot believe that I've completed five rounds of chemotherapy. 15 weeks! That means just one more to go. Ever. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. Bring on June 24th!

Dominique accompanied my head to yesterday's round, which took place in the fancy new Chemo Lounge with a view of the Torrey Pines Golf course. Nikke was wonderful company and I appreciated her being there with me for acupuncture and chemo. Todd came for the final hour and took me home.

Interestingly, a woman named Sheila who was there for her first treatment came by my chair to compliment me on Dominique. I told her that I had another wig named Sheila! She is going to meet with Patti, the amazing wig lady on Tuesday. Sheila is going to name one of her wig's Claire. Ahhh, the tangled webs we weave.

Last night, I laid down at 6pm and didn't wake until 8:30am! Wow. I guess I needed it. No nausea again, thanks to Lois, the magical acupunturist. I am convinced that I haven't had any major issues with nausea because of her skill with the needles.

Frogs Yoga this morning. Feedback that I was "feisty" which means that the steroids were in full effect. Ahhh, love the Frogs Yoga Friday crew. Such beautiful energy. Followed this with the requisite Lululemon Carlsbad Forum visit. And purchases. Who can resist? Fabulous people, fabulous clothes! Steroid induced shopping is dangerous...

I'm thrilled to announce that I should be teaching a weekly Yoga for Cancer Therapy class at the Lululemon store for the month of August. This class will be specifically tailored for all types of cancer patients and those recovering from cancer treatment. Thereafter, I plan on adding a weekly class in North County. I cannot wait to start down this path.

Treatment-wise: I've got my CT scan scheduled for July 15th. We'll see if that pesky liver spot is still on my liver, whether it has shrunk or if it is gone. My vote is disappearance. Follow up with the oncologist on July 23rd. Seven weeks of radiation treatment starts around that time and I'm also supposed to start on the 5 year Tamoxafin drugs.

Silver lining: the chemotherapy portion of this ride is almost over.

1 comment:

  1. The weekly Yoga for Cancer Therapy class sounds great. Glad you didn't feel much nausea. Wow, one more chemotherapy session to go...

    Dominique's color suits you nicely!

    ReplyDelete