Tuesday, June 1, 2010

23 days to go....


It is almost time for Chemo Round #5. Thursday. That means it will officially be THREE WEEKS until the last round of chemotherapy. Pretty amazing. There really is an end to this portion of the journey. In sight.

I've been doing more yoga practice at home, specifically targeted to Yoga for Cancer Recovery. I've been utilizing the training I completed back in April. I think it is about all I can do until chemo is over.

My brother forwarded me a link to an article in Time magazine about how yoga helps cancer patients and survivors. You may have to cut and paste but, check it out:

Study: Yoga Improves Quality of Life After Cancer - TIME

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1990540,00.html?artId=1990540?contType=article?chn=sciHealth

Yesterday was a great Memorial Day holiday. My newly engaged friend Angie and her fiance Darin came down to San Diego for an impromptu visit. The last few times Angie has been down have been dominated by the head-shaving party, the liver biopsy and bringing snacks to me as I was housebound with the evil drain. It was wonderful to actually have a social visit instead! We met up with friends at the beach, went to a great dinner at Via Italia and got to just hang out. Fabulous.

On the physical side, I've not felt great since the last round of chemotherapy. My legs are consistently fatigued, sore and generally not my own. I guess the cumulative effect is weighing me down. My right arm and shoulder still feel swollen and tight and I am praying vigorously that I don't have lymphedema. Please, please, please no!

Emotionally, I do feel that there is an end in sight and I'm very excited to have a true countdown. Radiation just feels like it won't be a big deal after chemo. I hope I'm not being naive! I'm just so ready for these three week cycles to cease and to return to a regular schedule. The "hold" that has been in effect will be lifted and I can start to implement some of the seeds planted during these last months.

23 days to go...

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong girl, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time Claire! So good to see you and Todd and bring us all back to the "normal" gifts has to offer namely friendship, love and laughter. Still laughing about the calendar bit haha!
    I see the light with you on your journey! If anyone can bring this on home with positivity and power for good - YOU CAN! I am praying for you at this moment. God be with you. Peace be with you. Love be with you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete