Monday, September 6, 2010

Walking without a wig


This morning, I went for a walk wearing only a baseball cap. Well, I also had on pants, a top, shoes and socks, of course. But, since I now have a little hair, albeit silver, showing in the sideburn area and at the nape of my neck, I figured what the heck?

I went to the lagoon with Kirsten, as opposed to the beach where I might actually run into someone that I know. Baby steps. It felt good to not fuss with it. And, now that my brows and lashes are growing back, I didn't have to waste five minutes drawing on brows and liner either. I'm pleased to have that time returned to me. Of course, it is now spent on shaving my legs that seem to be valiantly trying to make up for lost time. I'm now really anxious for the hair to just fill in so I can go without anything at all! My fingers are crossed that my hairdresser can make it a pretty color pre-Australia.

My energy level is great and the only complaint I have is that the skin under my arm is still raw and weepy. Really horrible. I had to hold my hand on my hip and away from my body on the walk so I didn't rub it any more. Very graceful. It astounds me that they proceed so far with all of these treatments despite the severity of the side-effects. They saw how raw it was last week and basically just told me to deal with it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

This week marks the final free Yoga for Cancer Recovery class at lululemon Carlsbad. 9am on 9/9! I'm excited that I've got the new Yoga for Cancer Recovery class time firmed up for October. I'll be offering the class at Yoga Swami in Encinitas at 4pm on Thursday afternoons.

10 days to Australia....

1 comment:

  1. SOOO Happy for you :) It's never good to wish a day away but in this case it's like waiting for Christmas morining!!! You so deserve it! Take lot's of pics on your vac and please please you have to keeep posting I for one will miss your daily/weekly updates....even though I have not seen you in 6 years claire I feel like it was just last week!!!

    Thinking of you!!!

    Lisa Hayes Chmael

    ReplyDelete