Saturday, September 4, 2010

Grow, baby, grow!



The cancer recovery yoga series continues to go well at lululemon. The last class in the series will be Thursday September 9th. I'm so grateful that I've been able to offer this free series at lululemon Carlsbad. Once I return from Australia, it looks like I'll be offering a weekly donation-based class in Encinitas at Yoga Swami.

Today is the first day of a three day weekend with nothing really scheduled: lovely and relaxing. And, it appears that the sun is actually going to show through the heavy marine layer that has been cloaking San Diego since Thursday. Come on sun!

I can't wait for my radiated red skin to heal up! The skin under my arm has now blistered, broken up, rubbed raw a few times. It doesn't seem to matter how much ointment I slather on it, the location just sucks for healing purposes. I had the last radiation to that area on Thursday and the final 7 are just to the lumpectomy incision. I'm optimistic that the rest of the area will be healed by next week.

Todd and I are leaving for Australia in less than two weeks! I cannot believe it. The days are taking shape and so is my vacation wardrobe. I've lucked out with finding some shorts and walking shoes and a few other fun things that scream vacation time! Sydney! Melbourne! Great Ocean Road!

And, I am willing my hair to grow fast enough that Sheila, Sydney, Britney and Gisele are shadows of my past! I'd love to be able to go to Australia with a bare head and not worry about any wigs. Well, I'll be honest, I'm not simply willing it, I've got Ovation slathered on my head with the shower cap on top.

If you missed that photo from a few weeks ago, scroll back to see it. I look the same but, now I have my own eyebrows and eyelashes. A lot of eyebrows. It is amazing how fast the hair is coming in! At this rate, I will have Brooke Shields brows circa the 1980s. I've got an appointment with my hairdresser on the 16th, the day before we leave, to put some color on this head. I have no problem walking around with a crew cut but, it shan't be a predominantly silver one. No way. No how.

I'm so happy to be almost at the end of this ride. I found the lump on January 2nd and treatment finishes on September 15th. The light at the end of the tunnel becomes brighter by the hour.

2 comments:

  1. Hot diggity dog! It all sounds soooo terrific!! ENJOY the trip preparations. xo Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! And Australia is going to be a blast.

    ReplyDelete