Monday, September 13, 2010

Countdown

Radiation #34 complete: check

Eyebrows fully grown in with no need for pencil: check

Eyelashes almost fully returned: check

Radiation wound 90% recovered: check

Travel-sized toiletries purchased: check

I cannot believe that I've only got two more radiations and I am done, done, done with treatment! And, then time to escape and run to the other side of the earth for two whole weeks. The next four days will be a whirlwind of preparations to set foot on that plane to Sydney Friday night.

Each day, I feel strength returning. Physical strength. Emotional strength. Mental strength. Yesterday, I had the best yoga practice I've had since I can remember. Physically, I was able to move in ways that I hadn't in quite a while. As a result, I could literally feel the lifting of tensions and stress and pain. Yoga is magic. I'm looking forward to the opening of my body, mind and heart as I practice more freely each day.

Okay, I can't focus to write. I'm too excited because we are leaving for Australia on Friday. Woo.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. You deserve every bit of happiness the world has to offer! You are so beautiful inside and out! Have a phenomenal trip! I hope I'm lucky enough to see you before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Claire! Good news on all fronts! I agree...yoga is magic! I went last night and it was amazing. Looking forward to hearing about your trip, that's so cool that you are leaving in just a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!! Hell yeah to treatment being something viewed in your rear view mirror!!! Have the most wonderful and restorative trip to the other side of the world. You have MORE than earned it. What a nine months it's been!!! Sending lots of high fives and big hugs. ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete