Thursday, September 9, 2010

Under the weather



How cute is Jake? Burrowed under the blankets. If you look closely, you can see me there underneath them too.

So, I guess the universe wanted me to slow down and let my radiation wound under my arm heal because Tuesday night I started to get very ill. Sore throat, absolutely no ability to breathe through my nose whatsoever, dizzy, weak, sick to my stomach. Great. The doctor did a strep culture yesterday and I'm hoping that isn't the case. I had to cancel my clients and classes for the rest of the week. I'm trapped in the house, trying to move as little as possible.

In other words, I'm miserable.

I don't get sick. Well, except for this pesky little bout with cancer, I don't get sick. I hadn't had a cold in two years before 2010.

So, I am a fan of the Neti Pot to clear out the nasal passages. The Neti Pot is a natural way to keep the sinuses and nasal passages clear and open. Sadly, I'm so congested that the Neti Pot isn't working! Nothing will flow through.

Picture this: it is 4am and I'm leaning over the sink with that bright blue Aladdin-looking pot pouring saline solution into one nostril and nothing coming out. Then, it runs down my face as I choke and try to breathe. Repeat. How can it not work?

From all the years of yoga, I am used to breathing out of my nose. This practice is not serving me well at the moment. Luckily, today I have the use of one-half of my left nostril so, I'm not going to suffocate.

As for the underarm: I'm not going to post a photo because I had a few people so disturbed at the photo I posted of me without the eyebrows that I'm afraid I'd traumatize everyone. The doctor told me yesterday to just slather it with Aquaphor and it would be okay by the weekend. It doesn't look any beetter to me and I just have that greasy ointment everywhere.

It seems like whenever I'm feeling excited when nearing the end of treatment, some little snafu pops up. I absolutely need to be healthy because Australia is next week!! ONE week from tomorrow and I cannot be sick!

Mantras of the day: Open nasal passages, open!
Heal baby heal!

7 comments:

  1. Put vicks on your feel and wear it and the socks to bed! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heal baby heal! You can do it!!!!! ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can be Aquaphor buddies! I'm still slathering it on my knees...The upside, when that pesky underarm wound heals, you can use the rest of it to take off your eye make-up!!! It's truly a miracle product. Feel better sunshine. xoxo, GB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending healthy thoughts to you, Claire! You WILL be better before your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? i just saw you Tues...you were radiant and pretty. Nose dive after naked cafe? jeeez Claire...that sux im sorry:( Feel better girl and no worries...u will kick this cold b4 Oz!!! Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Claire!

    I hope this Friday finds you feeling better :) Sending positive vibes your way so you may enjoy the anticipation and excitement of your up coming trip!!! Loved your post about the gentleman "Clint" in the waiting room!! Having spent many a day with my mom in the "cancer doctor" as my sisters and I refer to it....I have met some pretty extraodinary people....they have showed me that there is always always something to be thankful for :) and today I am thankful for facebook and your posts because I feel like at some level reconnect with you :) Lisa Chmael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete