Thursday, October 28, 2010

Whirlwind Week!



Wow, what a whirlwind since I last wrote. An amazing career opportunity dropped into my lap and I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off to prepare all the submission requirements. It is a part-time gig and would fit in perfectly with everything else in my life. Fingers crossed!

Here's a hint: I had to order transcripts. Yes, college and law school transcripts. Really. And, of course, law schools being what they are, they won't allow you to order your transcript online. So, I had to drive up to USD Law School and walk in to the Registrar's office. Can I tell you what an out-of-body experience it was to step into Warren Hall? Flashbacks flowed fast and hard. I didn't run out of there but, I'd say it was a fast trot back to my car and off of that campus.

USD's campus is beautiful. I'm glad to see that my still-unpaid law school loans are keeping the gardeners in business. And, I'm sure that I saw a new wing to one of the buildings that was personally funded by my six-figure contribution.

I've frequently discussed that I have taken a lot of risks in my short little life and really don't have any regrets. Except, I do think if I had the chance for a redo, I would skip law school. Yes, skip it I would.

I'm finally back home for a little while. It seems like we'd just gotten accustomed to being back after Australia and then we flew to Savannah on Friday for my dear friend Angie's wedding. The wedding was fantastic, Angie was a beautiful bride and Darin a proud and emotional groom. I'd say the whole experience rated as one of the most perfect weddings ever!

I'm grateful that we were able to go. Life is short, friends are dear and experiences are what matter most. And, Savannah has to be one of the most unique and beautiful cities I've ever seen. I tried two new foods: fried green tomatoes, which were yummy and boiled peanuts, which were decidedly not. Gross.

Tuesday night I attended the YSC Spa Night at SK Sanctuary in La Jolla. The evening is put on by YSC and included free massages and facials, h'ors d'oevres, fabulous goodie bags and an inspiring speaker: Stefanie LaRue. Stefanie was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer at age 30 and told that she had 9 months to live. That was 5 years ago. She personifies hope. I know that I felt uplifted and happy after the evening.

Now I've got to go prepare for a yoga class that I am teaching tomorrow night for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The class will be held at Sculpt Fusion Yoga at 5:30pm, with all donations to benefit YSC. I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey C,

    What's developing with the application process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers Crossed! You made our wedding more perfect by your presence! thank you for the kind words. We are still laughing and crying tears of joy over our journey and magical day! Love you - xoxo

    ReplyDelete