Friday, October 15, 2010

Movin, movin, movin....


Friday afternoon. Just returned from a great pilates session. My plan had been to make it to Pure Barre this morning but, I didn't get any sleep last night. I thought that the hot flashes were over but, last night I alternated being drenched in sweat and shivering from the chills. Tamoxifin side-effects. Please tell me that I will not be experiencing this for the next five years.

This week has been really busy and fulfilling. My goal was to exercise every day. A friend said that I must be really self-disciplined. Maybe. The reality is that I am so excited to feel healthy enough to work out, that I am eager to move daily. Now that I can go, I am thrilled to do so! Pure Barre, Pilates, two yoga sessions, and my first Zumba experience.

Ahhh, Zumba with the lovely April Buck leading a full class of enthusiastic Zumba-ers. Or, is it Zumba-ettes? I am happy to report that I didn't injure myself or anyone else in the class. It was so much fun! I realized a few important truths about myself:

1. I can still grapevine with the best of them,
2. I can also still step-ball-change,
3. I have absolutely no hip action! Everyone else was rocking and rolling their hips and there I was. The hip swivels need some work! I've got no game.

What stood out the most was how everyone was laughing and smiling as we danced all over the room. Again, I feel so grateful that I am done with treatment and could fully participate. For months I've been restricted in a million different ways. Not to preach but, if you are wavering on going to exercise, just do it. Because you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment