Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Retreat to Nicaragua: January 2010


It is finally becoming a reality! I'm hosting my first yoga and pilates retreat and I am doing it in a big way! I am so excited, I wish it were happening tomorrow instead of in January!

I've always dreamed of going on a yoga retreat. When I lived in LA, one of my favorite teachers, Tom Morley, used to lead retreats to Tahiti and Santorini and I could only dream of going. Unfortunately, it wasn't a reality for me at that time.

I feel very blessed that this opportunity to actually host and create a dream escape, an amazing retreat came to me. Adrienne Ward, founder of BigWorldSmallPlanet, sets everything up from Nicaragua. She knows the best spots, is in the know with all of the locals and coordinates incredible days ranging from sailing trips along the coast, 90 minute massages at the spa, trips to local schools, surfing lessons with local gurus in the best breaks, meals, and the list goes on. I'll be leading workouts twice a day: dynamic, energizing flow yoga in the mornings and core-focused pilates workout and restorative yoga in the late afternoon, designed to leave students feeling strong, centered and calm. Most of all: it will be fun! Days will be filled however one wants. Lazy days by the pool or in the spa or adventures ziplining (definitely for me!!)

I've been lucky enough to travel the world extensively but, I truly feel that this trip will be a life-changing experience for me and the group who joins me.

To learn more, check out www.bigworldsmallplanet.com. Click on Retreats and you'll see my name! Claire Petretti

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, What a wonderful commentary of what's to come. Nicaragua is waiting for you! Best~ Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need any extra help at this retreat? I own land in San Juan del Sur and am a certified yoga instructor. Hathahannah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete