Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yoga for Fit2Wed Bootcamp at Mission Bay Park



It was an incredible morning on Mission Bay this morning. The sun began peeking out around 9:15am, just as the class was finishing up their sun salutations. We faced the bay, enjoying the view of calm waters.

Practicing yoga at a park has its pluses and minuses. The loud boombox at the nearby picnic table was a minus. The beautiful San Diego morning was a big plus! We also had a little terrier decide he wanted to join the ladies yoga group. I believe most of us agreed he was a plus! Being in this type of environment is a perfect reminder that yoga doesn't have to be so serious! You can laugh and still have a lovely practice.

I was thrilled to be able to work with the Fit2Wed Bootcamp women for a second time. Fit2Wed is a 12 week bootcamp program designed by Jessica Thomas and is a smashing success. The program is intense, fun and best of all gives fabulous results to its participants. Check it out at www.getfit2wed.com.

I became involved when Jessica attended one of my yoga classes at SculptFusion yoga. We spoke after class and decided to see if the boot campers would be interested in adding an occasional yoga class to their already busy regime. They were! Yoga is an excellent addition to a cardio and strength-training routine and I hope all the participants enjoyed it as much as I did.

I love my job!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! it is so inspiring I am going to look at your website to see your class schedule :)

    ReplyDelete