Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reawakened with Anusara


Tonight I had the most amazing breakthrough in my yoga practice. I attended Michael Fukumara's 90 minute Anusara class and as always, he was incredibly inspiring. Michael was my first teacher back in 1999, when he still taught Ashtanga yoga. Each and every time I attend one of his classes, I feel absolutely incredible afterwards in my mind, body and heart.

I'm very attached to the Vinyasa flow style that I teach. I love the movement, the grace, the flow; feeling like I am truly dancing with my breath. Over the last year, after recovering from a car accident and resultant neck surgery, my yoga practice suffered a great deal. No longer did I have the upper body strength that powered me through my power yoga! No pun intended. Although I continued to teach, my personal practice declined. Anyway, I've not found many classes where I truly experience an opening, an unfolding, an awakening.

Tonight, I did. The class focused on the anahata or heart chakra. By the end of the 90 minutes, I felt incredibly open and light. I feel as if I floated from the room. And, now, I am feeling a shift occurring within. When I arrived home, I immediately went to Michael's website to check when the next Anusara Immersion would be offered. I've been wrestling with some personal decisions on the path my career is moving and I feel much more clear about the answers and the path to follow now. I'm trusting my heart that my decisions are true, no matter the result.

Wow, the power of yoga never fails to amaze me. What a beautiful way to end my day.

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Namaste!!! Sounds like an amazing class...

    ReplyDelete